Every Cooking Party features a full course meal and complimentary beer or wine. Saturday classes start with a visit to the local farmers market for fresh ingredients.
All classes are held at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd Street, Corvallis, with the exception of Playing with Fire!
Classes cost $45 each, 10% discount for whole series or $5 off any single class if you mention this email. Register by emailing or calling Intaba at 541-207-7818. Pay online through PayPal or bring to first call.
- Experience the color & fun of Balinese culture and food. From Satay to Curry, we’ll explore traditional techniques and exotic ingredients.SAT. JULY. 21. 9am.1pm STREET FOODS
- Do you smell the peanut noodles cooking? Can you hear the Felafel frying in hot oil? Come rejoice in street foods from around the world.THUR. JULY. 26. 6pm.9:30pm THAI TEMPTATION
- Demystify the art of Thai cooking. Come and learn techniques and recipes to make the perfect Thai feast.
SAT. JULY. 28. 9am.1pm HOME GROWN PICKLING & FERMENTATION
(Taught with Linda Ziedrich)
- Give yourself the gift of brined pickles, home brewed Kombucha, and lots more. What seems difficult will be easy once we show you the tricks of the trade.
THUR. AUGUST. 2. 6am.9:30pm SUMMER BY THE SEA
- Set sail for distant shores! From oyster and pancetta tortellini of Sicili to seared ahi tuna of Tokyo, we sample the rich bounty of the sea.
SAT. AUGUST.4. 9am.1pm PLAYING WITH FIRE (held at FireWorks Restaurant, 1115 SE Third St, Corvallis)
- Mom likely told you never to play with fire, but where is the fun in that? Come learn all the fun things you can cook in a woodfired oven. Slab cut meats, salt roasted veggies, and flatbreads are just a few things we will cover.
I also have a complete schedule for August and early September. Dates and class names are below;
Sat August 11 9am-1pm Market brunch
Thurs August 16 6-9:30pm Beer Food
Sat August 18 9am-1pm All Raw
Thurs August 30 6-9:30pm Tapas! and sherry pairing
Sat September 1 9am-1pm Northern Italian
Sat September 8 9am-1pm Pie, oh my!
Sat September 15 9am-1pm Korean banquet